the CONTEMPORARY COLLECTION
When elegant, modern fashion combines with traditional handcraft materials and knowledge past down through the Nordic indigenous generations Anna’s Contemporary Collection emerges. This is a fine jewelry line that is both fashionably fresh, yet classically timeless. These sophisticated, handcrafted pieces are entered on the concept that modern jewelry can be worn for any occasion, day to night, leisure to pleasure. The Contemporary Collection is all about balance and design. Anna is inspired by exquisite yet simple form, textures, shapes and patterns.
design notes from Anna:
AWAKE represents Sámi culture in our present time. I use traditional crafting and materials to create a very contemporary and unique design. Sámi culture is still in existence and is very much awake and alive. This Sámi bracelet model is the perfect combination of old and new.
- The woven pattern of the pewter-silver thread is very modern.
- The handmade badges from Jokkmokk Sweden are engraved with very old and traditional Sámi symbols*
- This combination gives Awake a very powerful and empowering energy for the wearer.
Width 2.2 cm
*The uniquely handmade pewter badges made of tin and sterling silver are made in Jokkmokk, Sweden. The badgets are engraved with old traditional Sámi symbols: the shamanic (noaidic) troll drum, a reindeer, or a Sámi geometric woven pattern used in most traditional handcraft. The badge I sew is custom to each order and depends on what I have available at the moment. Pictured here in the featured black photo is the noaidic drum symbol: also called the troll drum.What badge your bracelet gets depends on what I have available at the moment, if you request a particular design please add it in your ‘order comment’ which will appear in the check-out.
For sizing: measure your wrist snug above the bone, and add 1cm – 1.5cm depending on how loose you like the bracelet to fit
- Every Simply Sámi Sámi bracelet is carefully made by hand by Anna Lengstand as you order it (Please note that most other companies who produce similar Sámi bracelets are hiring staff with no Sámi jewelry background or even Sámi bloodline in order to increase production and/or cut costs. Every piece of Simply Sámi jewelry is absolutely unique. Just like you.)
- Please be aware that making Sámi jewelry is a very slow but sustainable process.
- All raw materials are imported from craftsmen in Norrbotten Lapland Sweden for true authenticity.
- All Simply Sámi Sámi bracelets are made with love and passion from highest quality reindeer leather, which are vegetable dyed in a traditional way with bark without added chemicals or chrome, except for some modern shades: blues, burgundy, and violet.
- The thread is the highest quality nickel-free and lead-free pewter thread with 4% silver.
- Decorated with a stunning silver tag and hand-made button from shed reindeer antler.
- Every piece of jewelry is custom made according to the size of your wrist and your personal style.
Please be aware that a new Simply Sámi bracelet can feel a little stiff, but it quickly softens as you wear it. Same thing with the loop; it is made a little snug as the leather softens and the loop gets softer and slightly bigger after a few days of you wearing it. You can also rub a tiny bit of oil, like coconut oil, on it to make it soften faster. The reason why I make the loop snug is because I do not want you to loose your bracelet, so you can enjoy it for many years to come
Please always take off your Simply Sámi bracelet before showering or swimming as water damages leather. However, getting it a little wet occasionally does not damage the bracelet. Polishing is normally not required but the silver tag can be polished with a dry silver polish cloth if tarnished. The bracelet can be cleaned with leather conditioning if very dirty. The spun pewter wire will flatten down and take on a silver-like shiny patina when the bracelet is worn often.
For long-lasting durability, remove the bracelet before contact with water.
If you are not satisfied with your item, please contact me as soon as possible. The easiest way is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Received the wrong size? Send the item back to me within 7 days from date of receiving. I’ll make a new bracelet for no extra charge.